Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bulacan board condemns ambush on Violago


File photo of Vice Gov. Daniel Fernando

MALOLOS CITY—The Sangguniang Panglalawigan of Bulacan condemned last week’s ambush attempt on Board Member Mark Cholo Violago, but noted they will not beef up security for their other provincial board members.

As this developed, Governor Wilhelmino Alvarado ordered immediate but careful investigation after Senior Superintendent Noli Talino, the acting provincial police director created Task Force Violago.

“We condemn in strongest terms the attempt on the life of Mark Cholo Violago” said Vice Governor Daniel Fernando in an interview.

He said that local police still have to determine the motive and who are behind the ambush on Violago.

Fernando added that the Sangguniang Panglalawigan have also asked the provincial police for a detailed report in the incident.

“What we know is as good as what you know because the provincial police still have to provide their official report,” the vice governor said.

Last week, Violago was on his way to Manila when his Hyundai Starex van with license plates CHO 45 was sprayed with bullets along Plaridel by-pass road in Barangay Banga 1st, Plaridel town.

Violago and his companions, a driver and a body guard survived the ambush with minimal injuries.

Sources said that a suspect armed with M-16 assault rife fired from a another van when Violago’s vehicle reached Barangay Banga 1st.

A Barangay Captain of Barangay San Roque in San Rafael town, Violago represents the Association of Barangay Captains in the province as an ex-officio Board Member.

Meanwhile, Governor Alvarado also demanded the fair and fast investigation from the provincial police especially from the Task Force Violago.

He said that the task force was created immediately after the ambush, but it has not came out with a report yet.

Alvarado said they expect the report soon.  (Dino Balabo)