MALOLOS CITY—The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) virtually cleared the contractor of the bridge in Calumpit town that collapsed on Friday.
However, local officials are looking at the possibilities of filing charges that may lead the revocation of contract of the Wing-An Construction Development Corporation.
Engineer Jesse Obordo of DPWH regional office in Central Luzon said that they see no reason to file sanctions against Wing-An which is owned by a certain Engineer Shelwyn Lao based in San Juan City in Metro Manila.
“Wala namang violation, kaya walang sanction na ipapataw sa contractor,”Obordo said as he defended the contractor of the P166-Million bridge rehabilitation project.
He said that the collapse was an accident and only two workers suffered minor injuries.
Obordo said that while the project is originally expected to be completed last April 23, it remain on schedule as the implementation was suspended at least twice.
He said that first suspension on the project was first implemented when a temporary hanging bridge was constructed last year.