Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Infra master plan for Luzon bared



MALOLOS CITY – The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) bared a network of infrastructure master plan for Luzon further extending reaches of existing roads.

The plans which are expected to be implemented next year following the Aquino administration’s underspending on infrastructure projects last year include massive flood control project in Central Luzon and the P12-billion infrastructure master plan to support the country’s tourism industry.

Public Works Secretary Rogelio Singson said the P29.2-billion two phased Central Luzon Link Expressway (CLLEx) will be implemented next year.

“Nakalinya na rin through the guidance and funding ng JICA ang Central Luzon Link Expressway (CLLEx),” Singson said referring to the 63.9 kilometers expressway that will be funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency.

The CLLEX will branch out at La Paz, Tarlac section of the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEx) and will link to cities of Cabanatuan and San Jose in Nueva Ecija.

Singson added that while CLLEx is waiting to be implemented, the DPWH is now working on the design for the Dalton Pass alternate road for faster and safer travel to the province of Nueva Vizcaya.

He said that providing an alternate road to Nueva Vizcaya will further boost its economic development.

“Hindi kasi pupwede na umulan o lumindol ay close-open na yung Dalton Pass, we need an alternate route towards Region II,” he said.

Singson said that the new alternate route to Nueva Vizcaya will include boring tunnels in the mountains.

Along with this project, he disclosed plans to pursue implementation of the highway to the province of Aurora on the country’s eastern seaboard.

“Hopefully, maumpisahan na rin ang papuntang Aurora, we are completing the Baler-Casiguran Highway,” he said.

With regards to the TPLEx, the secretary said its two lanes up to Gerona in Tarlac will be completed this year.
He also said the DPWH already told the proponent of the TPLEx to submit a proposal to convert it into a four lane highway.

“Hindi pwede yung two lanes lang, tapos salubungan pa, medyo delikado,” he said.

With regards to infrastructure development that will support the tourism industry, Singson disclosed that he met with tourism officials early this week.

He said they discussed a P12-billion tourism infrastructure support master plan that will be implemented next year.(Dino Balabo)